MTA Homegrounds – Mason, MI
Located in Mason, Michigan in the heart of the beautiful Great Lakes State, the MTA Homegrounds are easily accessible on a major highway, with restaurants, motels, airports, stores, and a wide variety of cultural and recreational opportunities nearby. The facility includes 44 trap fields, over 150 campsites, and acres of gorgeous Michigan landscape.
For more information visit their website
MTA Homegrounds – 1534 Service Rd., Mason, MI 48854
Range Rules and Information:
Parking and Camping
Know which trap you are using before arriving and follow signs to the designated parking lot where an attendant will help you park.
No parking in the Campgrounds. Roads in the campground will be one way westbound (inbound) from about 6:00 AM to 9:30 AM each morning. Shower rooms will be locked at about 7:00 AM each morning until after the shooting hours.
No parking just South of the sidewalk near the trapline.
Tents and shelters may be placed South of the sidewalk. Placement must be made between 6:00 PM and 9:00 PM. There is no unloading of such equipment on the mornings of the shoot.
Handicap parking will be labeled with signs.
- Shot and Shell Restrictions
- A contestant cannot use loads that contain nickel or copper coated shot, or tracer loads. No load containing more than 1 1/8 oz. of shot can be used. Shot sizes of 7 ½ or smaller must be used. Lead shot must be used.
- A contestant cannot use any load with a velocity greater than 1290 FPS with a maximum shot charge of 1/18 ounces, or 1325 with a maximum shot charge of 1 ounce, or 1350 FPS with a maximum shot charge of 7/8 ounces or less. These velocities are maximum and no individual shotshell can exceed them.
- At the Trapline
- Shooters and Range personnel ONLY North of the sidewalk.
- Tables will be placed between the 27- and 25-yard line for the second box of shells and water for the shooters.
- Shooters may not leave the trap field between the first and second box of shells.
- Shooters should check their scores after each 25. Once a shooter leaves the field, the shooter’s score is final and scoring errors cannot be corrected.
- Upon completion of each session (50 shots), shooters should pick up their hulls. Hulls are to be placed in the White Flier target boxes.
- Empty shell boxes are to be placed in the “Cardboard Only” buckets.
- Golf Carts
- Personal golf carts must be registered with the MTA. Please print the form from the MTA website, fill it out and bring it to the MTA office with the fee and the required proof of insurance.
- All cart operators MUST have a valid driver’s license. A learner’s permit will not suffice.